“NDT Certified” is, as of May 1, 2009 a legitimate title when the user has gained acceptance into the NDT Certification program. Acceptance is gained through application and review by the National Office.
Benefits of NDT Certification
- Recognition for the knowledge acquired and the continuous process of updating information that is involved in being NDT therapists
- Integrate current NDT theory and practice
- Prestige in NDT certification accomplishments
- Certifications are at times required by employers or state and local agencies
- In some instances, courses used towards a re-certification are reimbursed at a different rate than CE courses that do not involve a certification
- The credentialing letters "C/NDT™" are available for use by approved applicants only
Applicant Requirements to take an NDT/Bobath Approved Certificate Course
- Professional license in the state of residence.
- Current malpractice insurance.
- At least one year’s post graduate experience and current practice treating either children with cerebral palsy or adults with hemiplegia.
NDT Certification Requirements
- Individual must have successfully completed one of the below NDTA sponsored and approved Certificate Courses
- Hold active NDTA membership. Any lapse in membership will cause a deactivation of NDT Certification.
If applying within 12 months of the successful course completion:
- Submitted within 30 days of the course end date, the application fee is $0.
- Submitted after 30 days of the course end date, the fee is $150.
If applying after 12 months of course completion date:
- An NDTA approved course of 12 hours in length, such as NDTA Seminar or Advanced Course, must also be submitted. The application must be submitted within 12 months of the successful completion of that course.
- The application fee is $150.
Continuing Education Requirement (20 Contact Hours)
20 hours of continuing education are required per 3 year certification period:
- 8 hours minimum must be in NDT training which can include:
- 12 hours can be completed in any profession-related courses. They do not need be NDT related.
1 hour of instruction = 1 contact hour of continuing education. NDT hours for re-certification may be obtained by attending either pediatric or adult courses.
NDT Re-Certification Requirements
- Hold active NDTA membership
- Obtain 20 hours of continuing education within the 3 year certification time period (see section above for specific information)
- Log all Profession Related hours and NDTA Annual Conference hours as "External Event Credit" into your "CE Bank" located on your "My Account" page. The hours earned from Distance Learning, Seminars, and Certificate Courses purchased though NDTA will be automatically added to your CE bank upon successful completion .
- Pay the $150 re-certification fee. A $50 late fee will be applied for those re-certifying after the 60 day grace period. Application for re-certification is permitted 6 months prior to C/NDT™ expiration date. Early re-certification does not change initial certification date.Retired NDTA members are given a 50% discount for NDT Re-Certification.
NDT Certification for Foreign Trained NDT/Bobath Therapists
Pathway to Certification for foreign trained NDT/Bobath therapists:
- Show proof of successful completion of the basic course.
- Successfully complete an NDTA Approved Advanced course with patient practicum. You must identify yourself in writing to the instructor prior to registration to an NDTA Advanced Course. An additional fee of $200 USD will be paid to the NDTA Advanced Course Instructor(s) for supervision and evaluation.
- Receive a letter of recommendation from the Advanced Course Instructor accompanying your NDT Certification application.
- Hold active NDTA membership
- Apply for NDT Certification within 90 days of successfully completing the Advanced Course.