COVID-19 has changed our world. In March 2020, as COVID-19 posed a threat to all, NDTA made the decision to cancel our in-person Annual Conference. Due to on-going challenges and uncertainties, NDTA has decided this year, to instead host our first Virtual NDTA Annual Conference in April 2021.
First and foremost, we took into consideration the health and safety of our conference attendees as well as their clientele. In our planning, other considerations were: the health and safety restrictions on meeting sizes (the NDTA Annual Conference is a large gathering), health and safety for those traveling, and the negative financial impact on our membership in the event of last-minute cancellation. After reviewing various alternatives, NDTA has decided to organize and host the NDTA Annual Conference as an all-virtual event.
Many dedicated volunteers have been working for several months to capture the essence of the NDTA Annual Conference and create a quality technical program coupled with many opportunities for networking with old friends and new colleagues. We hope that you will feel inspired, engaged, and connected online just as you did in-person.
COVID-19 has changed the way many of us work. Our time (both virtually and in-person) has many more demands regardless of the setting, and its hard to set aside time to attend the NDTA Annual Conference. To help strike a balance, we aim to make it easier for you to focus on the part of the conference that is the most relevant to you.
Advantages of the virtual “LIVE” format
- The virtual “live” format creates different and flexible opportunities for attendance. All interactive learning, training, and events will be accessible in real time from any remote location or stored online for later viewing. You will have the option of viewing all conference sessions on-demand for 14 days!
- The virtual meeting platform has the capability for you to build your own personal schedule. You can access the speaker’s handouts while watching the presentation and message the speaker with your question (as you would during an in-person conference). You will even have the opportunity to join the speaker at the end of the session for a live Q & A.
- There will be expanded opportunities to earn continuing education credits. You can receive CEU credit for the full 27.5 hours (pre-conference and conference) during the LIVE presentations. In addition, you can still view and receive all the information from all the sessions (total of 38 hours) for the same price.
- Recognizing many of our members have experienced financial hardships, the NDTA is reducing the registration fee significantly, all while offering you the quality information you expect. This year’s virtual format conference will be far more cost effective overall without travel, hotel, and other expenses—a tangible plus for those who desire to continue with their professional development during this uncertain economic time.
- We will be offering opportunities to network with exhibitors, other therapists, instructors, and old friends. Join us for the Welcome Reception, visit the Exhibit Hall, view Posters and rejoice in the celebration of the most prestigious NDTA honor, the Award of Excellence.
We hope you share our excitement in exploring this new virtual format. Although we wish we could meet in person, this year’s NDTA Annual Conference promises to be a great event! We look forward to seeing you online!
Kim Westhoff, OTR/L, C/NDT – Conference Planning Committee Chair
Jean Lyons Martens, MS, OTR/L, C/NDT – NDTA President
Robbi Farrow, OTR/L, C/NDT – NDTA President Elect